If you have a garage at home, you know that the floor can experience wear and tear over time. Concrete lifting is a common solution to fix uneven floors, but how do you know if you need it? Here are the signs that your garage floor needs concrete lifting.
What is Concrete Lifting?
Before we discuss the signs of a garage floor that needs concrete lifting, it’s important to understand what it is. Concrete lifting is the process of restoring a concrete surface to its original level position. This can be achieved by injecting a polyurethane foam or a grout mixture underneath the concrete slab, lifting it and stabilizing it in place. Concrete lifting is used for garage floors, driveways, sidewalks, patios, and other concrete surfaces.
Signs of a Garage Floor That Needs Concrete Lifting
- Uneven Surface – One of the most obvious signs that your garage floor needs concrete lifting is an uneven surface. This can happen due to soil settlement or other factors, causing the concrete to sink or shift, creating a tripping hazard.
- Cracking – Cracks in your garage floor are not only unsightly, but they can also indicate that there is an underlying problem with the concrete. When cracks appear, water can seep in, leading to further damage, and creating more uneven surfaces.
- Sunken Areas – If you notice any sunken areas on your garage floor, this is a clear sign that the concrete has settled or shifted. Sunken areas can be dangerous as they can cause tripping hazards, especially if they are in high traffic areas.
- Difficulty Closing Doors – If you are having difficulty closing your garage doors, this could be a sign that the floor has shifted and is no longer level. This can also lead to further damage to the garage door and tracks, and should be addressed as soon as possible.
- Puddles – If you notice water puddling on your garage floor, this could be a sign that the floor has shifted or that the soil underneath is not properly graded. This can lead to more significant problems such as flooding or water damage.
Causes of Concrete Floor Damage
Knowing the causes of concrete floor damage can help you prevent future issues. Here are some common causes of concrete floor damage:
- Soil Erosion – Soil erosion can cause the soil underneath the concrete to shift, leading to uneven surfaces.
- Water Damage – Water can seep into cracks and cause the concrete to break down, leading to further damage.
- Heavy Loads – Heavy vehicles or equipment can cause stress on the concrete, leading to cracking and sinking.
- Poor Installation – If the concrete was not installed properly, it can lead to future problems such as sinking and cracking.
Benefits of Concrete Lifting
If you are experiencing any of the signs listed above, it’s time to consider concrete lifting. Here are some benefits of concrete lifting:
- Cost-Effective – Concrete lifting is a cost-effective solution compared to replacing the entire garage floor.
- Quick Solution – Concrete lifting can be done quickly, usually in a day, without disrupting your daily routine.
- Long-Lasting – Concrete lifting is a long-lasting solution that can extend the lifespan of your garage floor for years.
- Improves Curb Appeal – A level and smooth garage floor can improve the appearance of your home and increase its resale value.
In conclusion, there are many signs that your garage floor needs concrete lifting, including an uneven surface, cracking, sunken areas, difficulty closing doors, and puddles. Knowing the causes of concrete floor damage can help you prevent future issues. If you are experiencing any of the signs listed, it’s time to consider concrete lifting. The benefits of concrete lifting include being cost-effective, a quick solution, long-lasting, and improving the curb appeal of your home. By taking care of your garage floor, you can ensure that it remains a safe and functional part of your home for years to come.
If you’re in need of concrete lifting services in Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Winnipeg, and the Greater Toronto Area, Poly-Mor has got you covered. Our team of experts is equipped with the latest technology and expertise to provide high-quality concrete lifting solutions for your garage floor and other concrete surfaces. We take pride in delivering prompt and reliable services to ensure that your home is safe and functional. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and get your garage floor lifted back to its original state. Don’t wait until it’s too late, let Poly-Mor take care of your concrete lifting needs today!